Classes at Blackstone Quilting Company in 2022
I will be teaching classes on Sunday afternoons at Blackstone Quilting Company starting on January 16, 2022. The classes run from 12:30 to 3:30.
Blackstone Quilting Company is now in the space where Ryco was, just a little smaller.
I am really looking forward to working with them and all of you.
In order to see the classes and to sign up for them, you will need to go to their website blackstonequiltingco.com
Their website is now open. You can see pictures of the quilts and get the dates from their website
You will sign up with them directly not with me.
This winter/spring I will be teaching:
the Morse Code quilt
Radio Waves quilt
Learn How to Make a Quilt - Beginners
The Quilter's Tote - a new version
Woven Together Quilt
This quilt is a bit of a challenge but doable (not as crazy as Labyrinth Walk or Spiral Motion). A picture of the quilt and its sample fabric card are to the left.
Cutting for Woven Together Quilt
I usually use the lines on the cutting mat to line up the ruler on the fabric. Because the pattern calls for a lot of 2 1/4" cuts (not the usual 2 1/2"), I decided to do it differently. I found this method made the measuring and cutting much easier.
1. Fold the fabric as usual with the selvages brought up to match the fold of the fabric so it fits the cutting mat better.
2. Trim the left edge to get a clean straight line. If you are left handed, trim the right edge.
3. Place the ruler on the fabric so 2 1/4" of the the ruler is on the fabric, then cut along the right edge of the ruler. Open the first strip to make sure it is straight. If not carefully fold it again.
4. Continue placing the ruler on 2 1/4" of the fabric and cut again. Continue to get the number of strips needed.
5. For some of the wider strips, I used a 12" square ruler. For the very wide strips I went back to measuring on the cutting mat.
6. This method works great on cutting the strip sets too. You'll need to carefully fold the strip set in half so it fits on the mat.
4 X 4 Quilt
I have not made plans yet for the Mystery Quilt so it remains a bit of a mystery.
When you check the fees for the classes, you will see my fee plus a $5 per session classroom fee which goes to the store. For example: a class that meets 3 times would cost $30 plus a $15 classroom fee.
I hope to see you in class.